The Clock Tower Sanctuary was established in 1998 by a group of people from local churches who wanted to do something about rising street homelessness. We are still motivated by the values of the founders and remain a community-run organisation, run by paid staff and a strong team of volunteers.
Mission, vision and values
Our mission is to prevent vulnerable young people from becoming part of the long-term homeless population.
Our vision is that all homeless young people are encouraged, supported, challenged and inspired to develop their full potential and transform their lives.
We embed the following values throughout our organisation and see these as fundamental to everything we do:
- We are welcoming, supportive, compassionate and inclusive
- We care about, focus on and listen to the needs of each individual young person
- In delivering our high quality services, we are experienced, knowledgeable, professional and accountable
- We share our knowledge and skills and work in partnership with other services
- We are from the community and for the community, ensuring that volunteering is at the heart of our work