The Clock Tower Sanctuary was established in 1998 by a group of people who wanted to do something about rising street homelessness. We are still motivated by the values of the founders and remain a community-run organisation, run by paid staff and a strong team of volunteers.
Vision, mission and values
Our vision is that no young person becomes part of the long-term homeless population.
Our mission is to work with young people who are homeless or insecurely housed, to enable them to move from crisis to independence.
These values inform everything we do at The Clock Tower Sanctuary, guiding our decision making and justifying our approach:
- We look for the best in everyone
- We challenge inequality and prejudice
- We collaborate
How we work:
- We work with young people aged 16-25 years old who are homeless or insecurely housed
- We provide practical facilities, a nurturing environment, access to activities and professional support
- We take a tailored, structured, holistic approach to help young people move from crisis to independence
- We work with local partners, combine resources and expertise to provide multi-disciplinary support that reduces young people’s long-term dependence on services
- We are based in Brighton, rooted in the city and an integral part of the community
- We are a small team of passionate and committed staff and volunteers; we pride ourselves on changing young people’s lives for the better
- We have a highly skilled, well-regarded volunteering programme; many of our volunteers go on to skilled, paid work in the local homeless and related sectors
- We are in independent organisation, entirely dependant on voluntary funding