Donating goods like food, clothes and cleaning products is a great way to support us. Your donations keep running costs down and directly help young people in need.
Winter wish list
We are a very small and busy centre with quite limited storage space! We keep this list updated with things we need the most.
Clothes and shoes
Having clean, warm clothes and shoes is a really important part of staying well and feeling confident. We have a washing machines at the day centre, but sometimes the young people we work with need something new. We also need smarter items to help people get ready for job interviews.
- Men's T-shirts (any size, but especially small)
- Tracksuit bottoms and jeans (sizes 30-32)
- Small gift vouchers for Decathlon, H&M, Shoe Express, TK Maxx etc (we sometimes go shopping with young people to get new clothes and shoes, especially for job interviews)
Bags and sleeping bags
Rucksacks and sleeping bags can be a big help for young people who are sleeping rough or sofa-surfing and having to move around alot.
- Rucksacks - small to medium (e.g. 20L), ideally waterproof and a dark colour
- Sleeping bags - new/lightly used with waterproof cover or bag. We don’t have enough space for duvets, blankets or pillows, but First Base Day Centre are often pleased to accept these as donations. Please call them on 01273 326844.
We provide breakfast and lunch six days a week and young people are free to cook for themselves in our kitchen at any time. We run cooking classes and make up food parcels. Your donations help us keep the shelves stocked for healthy meals.
Thanks to our amazing supporters who have collected lots of food recently, we are now quite well stocked but in need of the following:
- Tinned meat (e.g. tuna, salmon), fruit and vegetables
- Cooking sauces in jars e.g. bolognese, curry
- Fruit squash/cordial - ideally low sugar
We are quite well stocked at the moment thanks to a couple of really generous donations.
- Laundry liquid and fabric conditioner - our washing machines are in constant use!
- Toilet rolls and kitchen rolls
- Dishwasher tablets
- Anti-bacterial surface wipes
- Anti-bacterial liquid hand soap
Why not organise a collection at work or school? Call us on 01273 722 353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to drop off your donation - and so we can say a big thank you!
“I had no money and relied on The Clock Tower Sanctuary for food, especially the parcels, which I would take to the library to heat up. I often had to get by on one meal a day. I’m trying to eat as much I can now to gain all the weight I lost. I use the kitchen a lot and eat all the food the volunteers cook up for us.”